Wednesday 29th April 2015, 9.30am – 4.30pm
The Liner Hotel, Liverpool
The North West Coast Academic Health Science Network (NWC AHSN) and the University of Liverpool’s Institute of Infection and Global Health (IIGH) are co-hosting a one day conference to bring together partners from industry, academia, patient groups and the NHS.
The meeting will:
- Provide the context for the challenges faced in the fight against infection in the NHS
- Showcase the infection research from the IIGH at the University of Liverpool
- Provide an opportunity for industry and the NHS to share innovation and best practice
- Create an opportunity for engagement and collaboration
With its international standing and long tradition in infectious disease and tropical medicine, the University of Liverpool is undertaking world-class research into current infection challenges from the design of point of care diagnostics to substantially increase the speed and accuracy of diagnosis, to the development of novel antimicrobial technologies and developing digital platforms to assist in drug monitoring.
The NWC AHSN has a national lead for infection with the aim of facilitating the adoption and spread at scale and pace, of evidence based innovation and practice to improve health outcomes. We aim to close the gap between best practice and current practice through collaborating with patients, the NHS, academia and industry to co-develop solutions to joint challenges.
Join delegates attending from across the region to learn about the latest research and business collaborations. At the meeting:
- Key academic leaders will showcase infection research
- Business will have the opportunity to present their innovation through an elevator pitch and discuss ideas with one-to-one pre-booked partnering meetings
- Patients and clinical experts from the NHS will share experience and best practice to inform the research agenda
Exhibit at the event
Exhibition space is available to all delegates at a low cost of £100. This will include a designated table and give attendees the chance to bring a pull-up banner and promotional materials of their choice. To book your place click here.